We're sure you already know this, but Pet Insurance is meant to protect you and your pet against future health events -- just like car insurance or renters insurance. This simply means that we cannot cover any pre-existing conditions or health issues that are associated with them.
For a complete list of what is not covered, feel free to view our sample Accident-Only policy.
This plan does not provide coverage for Pre-Existing Injuries, even if treatment takes place while coverage is otherwise in effect.
Cruciate Ligament Events
We do not cover the costs, fees, or expenses associated with Cruciate Ligament Events.
Illnesses & Diseases
Neither infectious bacterial or viral disease, parasitic infection, metabolic disorder, cancer, Behavioral Condition, nor degenerative disease or process will qualify as an Accidental Injury for the purpose of this Policy.
We do not cover the costs, fees, or expenses associated with:
- Claims that are not due to an Accidental Injury.
- Any prescription or over-the-counter medications that are not included in our formulary of covered medications;
- Administrative charges for the processing of insurance claims and/or sending medical records;
- Injuries due to any intentional act, including organized dog fighting, that involves you or a member of your household;
- Boarding and transport expenses, including ambulance transportation;
- Complications of or diagnostic tests, treatments, therapies, and/ or medications related to Injuries not covered or restricted by this policy;
- Bedding, housing, crates, cages, ramps, bowls, feeding, exercise, pet foods, supplements, grooming, nail trims, toys, clothes, leashes, collars, biohazardous waste fees, and treats;
- Any Accidental Injury resulting from activities related to training for or participating in racing, including track or sled racing;
- Any Accidental Injury with respect to which the Policyholder was advised by a Veterinarian to take preventive measures, and did not meet the terms;
- Alternative and Holistic Treatments;
- Chiropractic care and acupuncture;
- Experimental therapies and medications, including any therapy for which there are no published articles in peer-reviewed journals for the indicated Accidental Injury;
- Injuries arising from a repetitive and specific behavior, if the same or a similar behavior occurred two times within 18 months prior to the treatment date, whether before or after the Policy Effective Date;
- Cremation and burial;
- Losses that arise from a nuclear reaction, radiation, radioactive contamination, or the discharge of a nuclear device or a chemical, biological, biochemical, or electromagnetic weapon, device, agent, or material, whether controlled or uncontrolled, accidental or otherwise; or
- Losses that arise from war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, strikes, riots, or civil commotion.