Is dental covered under the Illness & Injuries policy?
Endodontic treatment for canine and carnassial teeth, and extractions are covered under the policy. For your Pet to be eligible for Periodontal Disease coverage, your Pet must be free of any signs of Periodontal Disease prior to the Policy Effective Date or during any Waiting Period.
Pets 3 years and older
Beginning at three years of age, your Pet’s teeth must have been cleaned and examined under general anesthesia by a Veterinarian in the thirteen months before the date of service for the Periodontal Disease claim.
Any Periodontal Disease found during the exam must be treated before Periodontal Disease coverage becomes available for your Pet.
Pets younger than 3 years
Pets younger than three years of age have no cleaning or examination requirements, and will enjoy full coverage of Periodontal Disease so long as there were no signs or symptoms that pre-existed the Policy Effective Date or the expiration of any.
Traumatic Dental Fractures
Endodontic treatment for canine and carnassial teeth and extractions for all teeth due to traumatic dental fractures and other oral traumas are covered so long as they are not caused by repetitive inappropriate chewing behavior that presented signs or symptoms prior to the Policy Effective Date or the expiration of any Waiting Period.
Deciduous (Baby) Teeth, Dentigerous Cysts, Enamel Hypoplasia (Thin or Absent Enamel), & Unerupted Teeth.
Extractions for these Conditions are covered if your Pet enrolled prior to becoming 6 months old and there are no signs or symptoms of these Conditions prior to the Policy Effective Date or prior to the expiration of any Waiting Period.
Dental Coverage Not Offered
- Endodontic treatments and extractions will not be covered if your Pet has any signs of dental disease prior to the Policy Effective Date or during any Waiting Period.
- Prophylaxis (defined as teeth scaling, teeth cleaning, and polishing of the teeth) or associated fees (including, but not limited to: anesthesia, pre-anesthetic blood work, and fluids), toothbrushes, toothpastes, dental foods, chews, preventive sealants, or rinses at any time or for any reason.
- Endodontic treatment for teeth other than the canines and carnassials.
- Open or closed root planing at any time for any reason.
- Stomatitis and oral resorptive lesions if your Pet shows any history of these same Conditions prior to the Policy Effective Date or during any Waiting Period.
- Any treatment for supernumerary teeth, absent teeth, and malocclusion